Wednesday, August 18, 2010

What to name it?

In the four years or so that this blog has been in my mind, my one big struggle has been what name to give it. There were certainly no dearth of ideas ranging from "Who am I?" on those especially confused days when I literally did not know which end was up, to "Mommy Cow" on those endless days of breastfeeding,  to "From Microbes to Motherhood....the journey" on the days that I felt crushingly depressed about my stalled career, or even "Music Mama" on the many days that I have marveled at the unique rejuvenating effect of music in my life. There were serious contenders like "Kayyil Karandi" on those days when it seemed that one meal cooked led to the next without any break, "Raising Hell" on the days that offspring started disagreeing at 7 a.m and continued up until bedtime and beyond, and "Priya...Oru Kelvi Kuri" on the days that I couldn't decide whether to be a wife, a mother, a daughter or daughter-in-law. Then there was a time when I thought that I should stick to one subject like world politics or cricket (aptly titled "World Politics....a worldly view" or "Cricket for Crazies") but since my knowledge of either is rather limited, I decide to let the professionals handle it. Also, for as long as I can remember, world politics and Cricket have been the sole domain of "gents"- to be discussed over many cups of coffee or bottles of beer as the case may be. Opinions about the same by "ladies" is simply looked upon indulgently or ignored altogether. I also thought of doing an agony aunt thing (Priya's Advice for Free.....FREE, FREE, FREE, ABSOLUTELY FREE.....) then I thought to myself that there is plenty of that in real life, so why bother. My present title "Eternal Groundhog Day" was also one of the contenders on the days that felt like I was on a hamster wheel and whenever it stopped, I found myself either cooking, cleaning, doing laundry or shopping for groceries. It felt as though each day was exactly the same as the next, just like in the movie. Though I have already named my blog, I cannot shake off the feeling that the title is not at all apt for my present state of mind. I have successfully broken out of the cycle thanks to positive thoughts and a group of adventurous friends. So dear reader, I have decided to change the title to "365 Musings....many days many moods". I am not ashamed to admit that I have consulted an astrologer/numerologist to arrive at the present title. Like "K" is to a certain "K"apoor, "M" is to "M"ad and "M"oody" "M"e.

2 comments:

  1. Hey how come you never thought some totally unrelated title like old tamil movies - like paanai pudithaval bakkiyasaali...really paanai is anachronistic in this side of the world...and to hold a paanai as a bakkiyam (forget it) - cutting the long story short, revive old tamil movie names - jusforkix

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Anon...maathitta pochchu...yenna ippo? As my friend Shakeela (from Chennai-upon-Kouvam) would say, "Perule innaa ikkudu? Rosaapoove innaa peru solli kooptaalum athu sokkaa than irrukkum!"

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to be nice.....